Things to do around the University of Warwick
There are so many things to do around the University of Warwick, there are Halloween and Christmas Events, fun activities to do with Flat mates and great places to show friends and family visiting.
NUMBER 1: ROYAL LEAMINGTON SPA
A large percentage of students move out to Leamington during their second and third years of University and it’s well worth exploring.
1) Leamington Spa Parade: the parade is a road that runs central to the majority of shops, restaurants and cafes. It’s a wonderful place to bring friends or family visiting you at University, or just to explore on your own.
- What does it have to offer?
– Restaurants: Bills, Pizza Express, Zizzi, Wagamama, Carluccio’s, Café rouge and many many more.
– Cafes: Neros, Costa, Gusto Ricco Café are just a few.
– Shops: O2, Paperchase, Clarks, Topshop, FatFace, River Island, H&M, Carphone Warehouse, Trespass, Boots, Marks and Spencers,
- Events on the Parade
– Made in Leamington- 15 October, from 11AM to 5PM. This event brings together the best local designers and makers under one roof, giving the community an opportunity to buy gifts.
– The Pumpkin Path- 28 October to the 31 October, 2017. This is a Halloween inspired event where people can take pick up cues from the Town Centre shops, pick up treats and have a chance to win prizes.
– The Leamington Lantern Parade- Sunday 3 December, 2017, at 4pm. This events is centred on community. People can bring their own lantern or just watch as they are released into the sky. The aim is to share the Christmas spirit, meet new people, share smiles and have a magical evening.
These are just a few of the events taking place in Leamington over the next few months. Here are a few other places to explore and visit in Leamington, whether you’re a fresher or haven’t yet discovered them.
2) Jump-In: Leamington Spa’s Trampoline Park- you ca go with friends purely for fun, take part in fitness classes or even book the entire place out for an event or party
3) British Motor Museum
4) Jephson Gardens: super beautiful and well worth a stroll!
5) Royal Spa Centre: offers comedy shows, drama, music or films.
6) Art Exhibitions at the Royal Rooms Art Gallery and Museum
7)Potter In: make a plate or mosaic.
9)Victoria Park Bowling Complex.
NUMBER 2: COVENTRY
Coventry is another place University of Warwick Students move out to, and offers equally as exciting opportunities- and is just a bus stop away!
1) Central Six offers a variety of top high street stores and is a few minutes walk from the train station
– Restaurants: Burger King.
– Shops: Boots, Hobby Craft, Next, Outfit, Oak furniture land, Poundland, Sports Direct, TK Maxx
2. 2) Arena Shopping Centre is also in Coventry and worth exploring
– Restaurants: Burger King, Chiquito, Frankie and Benny’s, Greggs, Pizza Hut, Subway
– Cafes: Costa, Starbucks
– Shops: Boots, Card Factory, Carphone Warehouse, Game, Holland and Barrett, M&S, Next, New Look, O2
3. 3) Coventry Cathedral: a war damage ruins and a modern edifice
4) Coventry Transport Museum: large exhibitions on transportation history
5)Herbert Art Gallery and Museum
6)Coventry Music Museum
7. 7) War Memorial Park
8. 8) Belgrade Theatre
9. 9) Room Escape Games- great fun with friends!
NUMBER 3: KENILWORTH
An alternative place to live and commute to University, Kenilworth is truly beautiful.
1. 1) Kenilworth Castle, created to impress Elizabeth I. We visited here for the first weekend my family came to visit after moving to University. Such a pretty place and allows dogs too!
2. 2) Stoneleigh Abbey, an architectural building
3. 3) Abbey Fields
4. 4) Priory Theatre
5. 5) Every Man Racing- a driving experience.
There are so many awesome things to do and explore around University!
Hope this helps, please feel free to ask me any questions!