Quick, Easy and Delicious High-Protein Recipes
Despite being a busy student, eating well is important to me so that I can feel my best! Today I’m bringing you three recipes that are speedy, affordable, and tasty. These summery recipes are high in protein, balanced and full of micronutrients. So let’s get into it…
Breakfast: White Chocolate and Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 50g oats
- 25g protein powder (you can use any flavour, but white chocolate, cookies and crème, or vanilla would work particularly well here)
- Milk of your choosing
- White chocolate chips
- Place the oats into a jar or Tupperware and add the protein powder
- Pour enough milk to cover the oats and stir
- Place in the fridge overnight
- In the morning, top with the raspberries and white chocolate chips. You can go as crazy as you like with the toppings: peanut butter and Biscoff are some of my other favourites.
Lunch: Tuna Pasta Salad
- 75g pasta (dry weight)
- One tin of tuna
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 spring onions, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 pepper, chopped into small pieces
- Chunk of cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons of sweetcorn
- Fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta.
- Add all the other ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it under cold water.
- Once the pasta is cooled, add it to all the other ingredients and stir everything together.
- Serve! You can double the ingredients to make a tasty meal prep for the next day too.
Dinner: Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- One tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 100g raw chicken breast
- Half a pack of stir fry veggies (this is technically cheating – but we’re all for convenience over here!)
- Half a pack of straight-to-wok noodles
- One tbsp teriyaki sauce
- One tbsp soy sauce
- One tsp honey
- One tsp each of chopped ginger, garlic and chilli
- One tbsp sesame seeds
- Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki and soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and chilli for as long as you can wait!
- Add the oil to a frying plan. Fry the chicken until it is cooked through.
- Add the veggies to the pan. Once cooked, add the noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked, serve up. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.