Preparation for moving into halls – MUST HAVE items…
Linking to my last blog on the topic of accommodation and moving away from home, I thought it would be helpful to point towards items you may have forgotten about however you will not regret bringing!
- A practical laundry basket – This wasn’t something I had thought about when purchasing my basket. However, it is useful to have a portable basket where you can transport your dirty/wet clothes to the laundrette and back. I’ve seen many students using IKEA bags as they work perfectly!
- Slippers/sliders – Whilst Warwick accommodation is cleaned regularly, it isn’t long before a housemate spills something on the kitchen floor, so a pair of slippers or sliders for the kitchen and walking around the halls is necessary.
- A Dishmatic washing-up brush – On the topic of cleaning, this kitchen item will be your lifesaver! It makes washing up stress-free and mess-free!
- Extension leads – This comes in handy as you will likely need more than a few things plugged in at once and also you cannot guarantee the location of the main plug sockets where you need them.
- A door stop – This is a must-have for freshers week specifically; it means you can leave your door open so passers-by can have interaction with you, and it makes it easier to meet new people and start making friends!
- Fancy dress items – This does sound random, but it is also something I forgot about and had to panic-buy when it comes to freshers events, themed parties or society events.
Finally, when it comes to packing time, my advice would be to write a checklist and tick it off as you place items into suitcases or transport boxes. I must add do not stress about forgetting items or leaving items behind as there is a range of shops in Cannon Park and Amazon on stand by 🙂
Anyway, I hope this has given you a reminder of a few random things that would come in handy as you shop in preparation to move into halls in September. Good luck with your Warwick journey!
PS: I would love to hear what your must-have item was/will be for 1st-year halls!
Until next time, Kaitlyn x