- Student Support & Wellbeing
- Campus Life
- Careers & Employability
- Local Life
- Preparing for University
New Year, New Term – My 2020 Resolutions
Happy new year everyone! I hope you all enjoyed celebrating the holiday season with your friends and family. I certainly did. And, although, the start of Term 2 is only a day away and I would love to stay up here in the Swiss Alps forever, I am also excited to go back to Warwick. The new year and the new term is an opportunity to make changes, set new goals and take on new challenges. To kickstart 2020, I have set fun 20 objectives/resolutions for myself, both big and small, relating to all aspects of my life. Here they are!
1) Get involved in a LawSoc competition (mooting and/or negotiations).
2) Eat at least 3 plant-based meals per week.
3) Stay in touch with friends and family.
4) Keep an updated “table of cases” for each of my modules, ready for Term 3 exam revisions.
5) Apply for and secure a summer job or internship.
6) Read the news daily.
7) Declutter my closet and donate clothes.
8) Practice Ashtanga yoga at least 3 times a week.
9) Save money to use to travel this summer.
10) Listen to Podcasts on my commute to uni.
11) Drink more than 2 litres of water every day.
12) Exam prep: write out complete answers to Past Paper Problem and Essay questions.
13) Apple cider vinegar challenge! (drink 2tbs with water every morning)
14) Practice hand and headstands. Work towards the ultimate goal of walking 10m on my hands.
15) Celebrate my 21st with friends and family!
16) Make time to practice and develop my photography skills.
17) Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
18) Make use of my seminar tutor’s feedback hours to ask questions and show answers to practice papers.
19) Work on a Career Action plan.
20) Meal plan on Sundays for the upcoming week.
Let’s see how many I can stick to! What are your goals for the new year and second term at Warwick?