Keeping Busy Over Summer
The summer holidays at Warwick are long. My last exam this year was on the 6th June and term doesn’t start again until the beginning of October! This is a pretty big time gap to fill, so I’ve put together a few of my top tips in making the most of the summer:
- Do something productive – this could be anything from learning something new, a job, a little business, an internship, getting fit, anything! Having some kind of aim or goal over the summer period and working towards achieving that goal will help you fill your time.
- Meet up with old mates – if you’re moving back home for the summer, as I did, it’s a great time to meet up with and hang out with old school friends.
- Chill out – in the lead up to exams and through the exam period everyone is working, a lot! It’s always best to spend the first week or two after exams having a break from it all.
- Holidays – I’m writing this blog post from the banks of Lake Garda in Italy. It’s always nice to get away and have a relax!
- Family – moving away for university is likely the first time you’ll have spent an extended period of time away from your family. Summer is a good time to see them all again.
I’ve tried to get out of the house at least once a day – it’s meant that this summer has gone ridiculously quickly! It’s been almost 3 months since my last exam and it feels like just yesterday.
Now we’re in the back end of summer it’s a bit odd. Usually, I find myself wanting to stay on holiday forever, and not go back to school… Truth is, I can’t wait to get back down to Warwick!