Funniest(Annoying) things that happened to me at Uni
1. My first attempt at doing laundry started with me confusing the dryer with the washing machine and all my clothes being first dried with detergent and then washed.
2. Getting lost around the campus is a must especially in the first couple of days. I think I got lost on the way to Tesco and back around 4 times at the beginning of the 1st Term.
3. Went to London for the weekend and forgot to lock my room.
4. Lost my credit card at the end of the 1st Term and had to transfer money from my account to my best friend’s, who, fortunately, goes to Warwick as well. Thank God I was going back home to Romania in two weeks or so and it wasn’t that much of a problem.
5. Lost a very important and dear piece of jewelry, to be more precise an angel wing necklace from my boyfriend at Hall Wars in Coppers Rooms. Not that funny.
6. Waited for 3 hours at Cannon Park for a Megabus/ The Student Bus.The entire journey is around 2-3 hours, thus, mine took 5-6.
7. I ordered a bonsai tree kit for my boyfriend in late November, arrived in early December and the post room staff found it and gave me a notice card in March.
8. Thought making food is a piece of cake before I came here. I couldn’t have been more wrong. It takes a lot of time, especially when you have Tesco 20 minutes away and have to carry all your stuff from there to your central campus accommodation.
9. Cleaning your room is actually a lot more difficult when you live on your own in a foreign country. My mom always used to help me with this back home, so this was a new challenge for me.
10. I did not buy airplane tickets for return in advance and when I decided I need to (around the end of November) all prices were extremely high and I could not afford to book a flight. I chose the bus method instead, and I can say 56 hours of road tripping- not a good idea. Don’t do it, e-v-e-r, seriously.